Every day you are bombarded with bad news. And although there is a lot to be angry about, we want to bring some sunshine into your newsfeed. All across the nation we are still fighting and winning state and local victories. Our member organizations arewinning nondiscrimination protections, blocking discriminatory efforts, and recruiting thousands of new voters – making our movement stronger than ever!
- Equality Ohio celebrated nondiscrimination protections in Cuyahoga, the state’s largest county.
- Equality California passed multiple bills this year, including protections for transgender youth in foster care.
- PROMO Missouri celebrated St. Joseph passing a nondiscrimination ordinance.
- Fairness Campaign, Kentucky celebrated Maysville becoming the 10th city to pass a nondiscrimination ordinance.
- Equality Florida is mobilizing thousands of new and current voters for the fall elections.
Equality Federation plays an integral role in these victories, providing high-level expertise through one-on-one support, national and regional convenings for skill-sharing and movement planning, and providing the latest messaging and voter engagement tools for our member organizations.
This state-based work plays a vital role at the federal level as well, generating calls to Congress to stop the anti-LGBTQ adoption Aderholt Amendment, blocking Kavanaugh, and so much more. Having strong, resilient leaders in every state keeps us moving toward a free and equal America, and that’s what we’re all about.