Tom Daley named the Eurosport British Star of the Year
Daley is the star of the year. | Photo: Wikimedia/Kim Ratcliffe
The sports network Eurosport named Tom Daley the British Star of the Year.
The Olympic diver was named the number one star in a tweet on Wednesday (27 December).
A huge congratulations to @TomDaley1994!
He’s the Eurosport British Star of the Year!
You can see the full top ten below pic.twitter.com/Y8yS7yK4ng
— Eurosport UK (@Eurosport_UK) December 27, 2017
The tweet includes a video with full top ten. Here’s the full list:
- #10 Elise Christie is a Scottish short-track speed skater. She won the world title in March.
- #9 Johanna Konta is an English tennis player.
- #8 Jodie Taylor is an English football player. She won the golden boot at Euro 2017.
- #7 Chris Froome is a British cyclist. He won the La Vuelta and Tour de France in the same year.
- #6 Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne is an English motocycle racer.
- #5 Mo Farah is a British runner. He’s the most successful distance runner for the country.
- #4 Jonathan Rea is an Irish motorcycle racer. He was crowned the superbike world champion this year.
- #3 Ronnie O’Sullivan is an English snooker player. He won the English Open and UK Championship in 2017.
- #2 Adam Peaty is an English swimmer. He broke his own world record twice in one day this year.
Finally, Daley came in first with an astonishing 54.8% of the vote.
He won the gold at the World Aquatics Championship this year.
A good year for Daley
Outside of the pool, Daley has had just as good of a year.
Earlier this year, he married his partner, American screenwriter Dustin Lance Black. The video of their wedding was absolutely stunning.
Then they went on an equally fabulous European honeymoon.
Plus, they also caught a movie with Bill and Hillary Clinton.
At the end of October, Daley earned an honorary masters in sports from Plymouth Marjon University.
Congrats to Tom Daley!