Daley is the star of the year. | Photo: Wikimedia/Kim Ratcliffe
The sports network Eurosport named Tom Daley the British Star of the Year.
The Olympic diver was named the number one star in a tweet on Wednesday (27 December).
A huge congratulations to @TomDaley1994!
He’s the Eurosport British Star of the Year!
You can see the full top ten below pic.twitter.com/Y8yS7yK4ng
— Eurosport UK (@Eurosport_UK) December 27, 2017
The tweet includes a video with full top ten. Here’s the full list:
- #10 Elise Christie is a Scottish short-track speed skater. She won the world title in March.
- #9 Johanna Konta is an English tennis player.
- #8 Jodie Taylor is an English football player. She won the golden boot at Euro 2017.
- #7 Chris Froome is a British cyclist. He won the La Vuelta and Tour de France in the same year.
- #6 Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne is an English motocycle racer.
- #5 Mo Farah is a British runner. He’s the most successful distance runner for the country.
- #4 Jonathan Rea is an Irish motorcycle racer. He was crowned the superbike world champion this year.
- #3 Ronnie O’Sullivan is an English snooker player. He won the English Open and UK Championship in 2017.
- #2 Adam Peaty is an English swimmer. He broke his own world record twice in one day this year.
Finally, Daley came in first with an astonishing 54.8% of the vote.
He won the gold at the World Aquatics Championship this year.
A good year for Daley
Outside of the pool, Daley has had just as good of a year.
Then they went on an equally fabulous European honeymoon.
Plus, they also caught a movie with Bill and Hillary Clinton.
At the end of October, Daley earned an honorary masters in sports from Plymouth Marjon University.
Congrats to Tom Daley!